Bop till you Drop currently operates in Adelaide, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney. Each state hires staff at a different frequency; however the qualifications and requirements are the same.
This job is most suitable for dancers, singers, actors and/or child care workers who are looking for weekend work. Please only apply if you are available on Friday afternoons, Saturdays and Sundays and you have your own transport. You MUST be extremely reliable, confident, energetic, not afraid to take control of big crowds, but most importantly have a huge love for working with children. You will be conducting private birthday parties as well as big school events with over 200 children. Therefore experience in organising and being able to capture children’s attention is essential. This job is not for people who are shy or can’t adapt quickly to new circumstances.
Summary of requirements
- Must be over 18 years old.
- Have reliable transport (car). Please do not apply if you don’t have your own transport. There is a lot of heavy equipment to transport around. You will not be able to use public transport.
- Available on Friday afternoons, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Must be able to commit to at least 3 discos a weekend.
- Be extremely reliable and committed as well as having strong communication skills. Once you are booked in for an event you will NOT be able to cancel, except under extreme circumstances.
- The disco parties are located in varies locations, therefore you must be willing to travel. You will not always perform in discos in your area. This position is not appropriate for people who dislike travelling.
- You must be a leader, someone who is confident to stand up in front of big crowds and take control. At our school discos there can be up to 200 children at the one event and you are the host of the show.
- You will be dancing the whole time; therefore you need to be able to teach simple dance routines.
- Conducting children’s disco parties is a visual art; therefore you need to be well presented.
- The disco parties are very structured and you must be able to do a ‘Bop’ party, not your own version of a kid’s party. Therefore there is an extensive training period which we be explained on successful application.
- If you are successful you must be willing to obtain a police record check.
- Please have a look at our disco videos and facebook before applying.
If you are happy with the conditions above and believe you have what it takes to be a Bop till you Drop Children’s Entertainer then we would love to hear from you. Please forward your resume and photo to the contact details below.